Posts tagged Intel Server
Insyde(R)Software Announces InsydeH2O(R) UEFI BIOS for New Intel(R) Xeon(R)Processor E5 Family-based Server and Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor E3 Family-based Workstation Platforms
BEAVERTON, Ore. & TAIPEI, Taiwan, may 14, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) –Insyde Software, an Intel Capital portfolio company and leading provider of Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) BIOS, announced today that its InsydeH2O UEFI BIOS now supports the new Intel Xeon processor families, namely the Intel Xeon processor E5-4600/2400 and the E3-1200 v2 product families, all designed to provide IT managers with a new level of choice and flexibility in meeting server requirements.
with this announcement, InsydeH2O includes support for the Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 product family-based platform with up to 8 cores/16 threads, up to 20MB cache size, up to 4 DDR3 memory channels and up to 40 PCI Express 3.0 lanes per socket. in addition, InsydeH2O brings the best in firmware boot performance, value-added features, and renowned compatibility to the Intel Xeon processor E5 family-based platforms. Insyde is also ready for supporting customers gearing up for a refresh to the next generation Intel 22nm entry one-socket workstation based on the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v2 product family.
the InsydeH2O firmware provides not only hardware initialization and stable BIOS features but also supports advanced system and power management features such as Intel(R) Active Management Technology (AMT) 8.0 and Intel(R) Node Manager (NM) for different chipset SKUs, helping to enable flexibility and choice to a new range of Intel-based energy-efficient servers and workstations.
“Our customers can always count on InsydeH2O to deliver advanced, mature and reliable UEFI firmware that aligns with Intel’s entire Server products roadmap,” said Trevor Western, VP of Server and Embedded Engineering at Insyde Software. “And we complement this technology with highly experienced porting and customization engineers to help our customers get into production on time”, added Western.
“Insyde Software is an important ecosystem partner for our server business,” said Dylan Larson, Xeon Platform Marketing Director in the Datacenter and Connected Solutions Division at Intel “Their firmware technology and supporting services help Intel server customers take full advantage of the design choices offered by the Intel Xeon processor portfolio.”
about Insyde Software
Insyde Software ( insydesw.com ) is a leading global provider of BIOS, UEFI-based firmware and engineering services for companies in the mobile, server, desktop and embedded computing industries. the company is publicly held (gtsm:6231) and headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan with U.S. headquarters in Westborough, MA. the company’s customers include the world’s leading computer systems designers and manufacturers.
Insyde and InsydeH2O are registered trademarks of Insyde Software. Other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE: Insyde Software
Insyde Software – Taiwan Sandy Wang, +886-2-6608-3688 x3635 or Insyde Software — U.S. Stephen Gentile, +1-508-599-3999 x111
Copyright Business Wire 2012
Growing businesses need a reliable server solution for web servers, file and print servers, e-mail servers, storage servers and vertical-specific business applications. A general-purpose entry server platform plays a fundamental role in the success of a workgroup, department, small- to medium- sized business or high performance computing (HPC). the Intel Server Board S3420GP provides server-class performance without sacrificing cost-effectiveness or reliability.
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Manufacturer part Number: S3420GPV
Manufacturer Website Address: intel.com
Brand name: Intel
Product Model: S3420GP
Product name: S3420GP Server Board
Product Type: Server Motherboard
Chipset Manufacturer: Intel
Total Processor Support: 1
Processor Socket: Socket H LGA-1156
Processor Support: Xeon Quad-core
QuickPath Interconnect: 2.50 GT/s
64-bit Processing: Yes
Number of Memory Slots: 4
Maximum Memory: 16 GB
Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
Controller Type: Serial ATA/300
Graphics Controller Memory: 64 MB
Gigabit Ethernet: Yes
Number of Total Expansion Slots: 5
Number of PCI Slots: 1
Total Number of PCI Express Slots: 4
Number of SATA Interfaces: 6
Total Number of USB Ports: 4
Network (RJ-45): Yes
Green Compliance: Yes
Green Compliance Certificate/Authority: RoHS
Related product features:
- Intel S5500BC Server Motherboard – Intel – Socket B LGA-1366 the Intel Server Board S5500BC has flexible scalability and expandability in I/O, memory, LAN and storage which is designed for deploying web, email or print servers, business applications, or processor-intensive high performance computing (HPC) workloads….
- MSI H61I-E35 (B3) Desktop Motherboard – Intel – Socket H2 LGA-1155 Mini ITX – 1 x Processor Support – 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Maximum RAM – Serial ATA/300 – Onboard Video – HDMI Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd Manufacturer part Number: H61I-E35 (B3) Manufacturer Website Address:…
- EVGA X58 FTW3 Desktop Motherboard – Intel – Socket B LGA-1366 the EVGA X58 FTW3 Motherboard brings all the performance from the award-winning EVGA X58 lineup and now includes USB 3.0 and SATA III 6Gb/s the EVGA enthusiast board layout makes sure 2-way and 3-way SLI…
- Intel Server Compute MFS5520VIR Barebone System the Intel Server Compute Module MFS5520VIR Barebone provides the processing and I/O power behind the Intel Modular Server with support for up to two Intel Xeon processors (up to six modules can be deployed). this…
- MSI H61MU-E35 (B3) Desktop Motherboard – Intel – Socket H2 LGA-1155 Micro ATX – 1 x Processor Support – 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Maximum RAM – Serial ATA/300 – Onboard Video – 1 x PCIe x16 Slot – 2 x USB 3.0 Port – HDMI Manufacturer:…